bio-bean | Job Specification
Role: Biochemicals – Business Development Manager | Ref.: 520171HB
Location: bio-bean Limited. 6 – 8 Cole Street, London, SE14YH with travel as required.
Dates: Full time, starting immediately
About bio-bean Limited
bio-bean® is an award-winning green energy company that has industrialised the process of recycling waste coffee grounds into advanced biofuels. bio-bean is a small, fast growing, energetic company and applicants should be excited about working as key member of a founder-led team. bio-bean has commercial offices in London, with a processing plant in Cambridgeshire.
- As Biochemicals BDM you will report into bio-bean’s Chief Commercial Officer and work closely with other members of both the commercial,marketing and R&D teams with your focus being the growth of the company’s sales pipeline of advanced biochemicals.
- A central link between the feedstock, R&D and manufacturing capabilities and sales channels. The role will encompass a broad range of products and potential end users.
- Requirement to build upon the existing clients and leads that bio-bean has and crucially to develop new sales models, generate new business and extend the reach of bio-bean’s sales network across the UK and in due course abroad.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with all clients and partners (internal and external).
- The position will be based at the bio-bean head office in London with regular travel to meetings.
- Work with the commercial and R&D teams in the development of key accounts, including technical and feasibility meetings across the flavour & fragrance and food & beverage sectors, specifically with regards to food grade speciality (coffee) oils.
- Work both independently and alongside a team in order to drive sales revenue.
- Undertake market research and analysis – to understand the competition and to explore other commercial opportunities.
- Provide feedback to the business on product performance in the field, suggested solutions and customer support relating to product performance problems.
- Keep abreast of current and potential trends/developments in relevant sectors (competitor products and user requirements) and provide updates to the commercial team and senior management.
- Work with the marketing/communications team to tell the bio-bean story, position products in the marketplace and promote bio-bean’s USP.
- Primary point of contact for all external enquiries for sales of biochemicals. Respond to client communications or queries and resolve any client issues.
- Negotiate and secure commercial relationships and supply agreements.
- Management of the sales pipelines:
- qualification of sales prospects;
- preparation of internal cost analysis for sales opportunities;
- preparation and presentation of commercial proposals to third parties; and
- management reporting on sales pipelines and preparation of associated board papers.
- Liaise internally to ensure that product offerings and potential markets are correctly aligned.
- Sales account management – business development, attending meetings with leads, management of leads and finalising sales.
- Liaise with R&D, production, and logistics teams to ensure that stock levels and sales pipeline volumes are aligned.
- Forecast and track key account metrics and update client forecasts.
Skills and Experience
- We are looking for a commercially focused scientist. A strong understanding of organic chemistry will be essential and an MSc, PhD or equivalent in a relevant discipline would be a bonus.
- Ability to translate scientific and technical information into commercial and marketing functions in a compelling and simple manner.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills – both verbal and written.
- Strong desire to work in the recycling/clean technology industry, with ideally experience in the food grade speciality oil/oil derived biochemicals sector.
- Experience with commercial negotiation, procurement and sales with large B2B businesses.
- Proven track record of securing new customers and growing customer sales.
- Keen interest in sustainability and environmental issues.
- Strong IT skills in MS Office, email and CRM tools.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail meet deadlines as part of a fast growing team and business.
- Strong team player.
- Self-motivated, ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team and commitment to the mission and goals of bio-bean.
- Full and clean UK driving License.
To apply, please forward your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE