Head of Operations
Remuneration: Salary negotiable depending on experience
Our client, whose business is an established designer and manufacturer of bespoke industrial mixing and blending machines, is seeking a Head of Operations to join their team. The Company delivers world class machines to many well-known manufacturers not only in the UK but internationally.
With £7m revenue and 60 employees, the Head of Operations will be responsible to lead the manufacturing team. This position is a pivotal role at the heart of our client’s senior management team, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer. The successful candidate will therefore, be involved in all aspects of the company’s UK and International operations.
To provide leadership in manufacturing, to contribute fully in the strategic planning process, and to implement new initiatives, to provide coordination for the senior manufacturing management teams and keep them updated on ongoing strategies and challenges. To liaise with the Company’s strategic partners.
You will also be responsible for developing, implementing and managing the operational aspects of the annual budget and to cultivate existing relationships with suppliers. You may be required to deputize for the Chief Executive Officer and cover your Managers’ holidays. You may be required to travel with some overnight stays.
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership by being actively involved in all areas of manufacturing
- Identify opportunities for the Company to leverage cross-program strengths to take advantage of new opportunities and/or to address organizational
- Lead, coach, develop, with an emphasis on developing skills in strategic analysis and planning and budgeting
- Develop and implement training programs to expand the capacity of all
- Prepare and submit an annual budget, manage effectively within this budget, and report accurately on progress made and challenges
- Ensure the continued financial viability of the Company’s operational units through sound fiscal management.
External Relationship Development:
- Manage and cultivate existing relationships with suppliers
- Publicly represent the Company with external groups including community, governmental, and private organizations, and build excitement for the Company’s mission.
Strategic Plan Implementation:
- Provide leadership and input for all strategic plan implementation processes with the staff.
- Coach managers as they implement the strategic plan and transition operations
- Develop and implement a system for tracking and reporting on the progress of the strategic plan implementation
Minimum BSc/BA degree required
Skills & Experience
- 10 years’ experience in manufacturing and a proven track record in senior management
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach senior level staff to manage and develop high performance teams, and develop and implement program strategies
- Excellent project management skills
- Analytic and decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals
- A desire to implement continual improvement strategies
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills
- Action-oriented, flexible, and innovative approach to operational management
- Humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
To apply for this post, please email email@example.com
CV’s must be supported by a covering letter which clearly outlines your management skills and experience. Please indicate your current salary level.
Strictly no agencies, canvassing or cold calling.