With the introduction of openROBOTICS, partners COMAU and B&R are opening up new dimensions of robotics integration for machinery and production lines.
The solution is based on a full lineup of COMAU robots that handle payloads ranging from 3 – 650kg.
Traditionally, robotics and machinery have always relied on separate controllers or gateways.
COMAU robots all over the world can now be completely and seamlessly integrated into machines and production lines equipped with B&R automation components.
B&R’s Walter Burgstaller explained: “The customer simply selects the desired COMAU robot in the Automation Studio engineering environment.
“With mapp technology, the robot can then be effortlessly incorporated in – and perfectly synchronised with – the machine’s automation software. Conventional solutions with cumbersome interfaces will never achieve this kind of usability and performance.”
COMAU Robotics’ Tobias Daniel commented: “With completely uniform programming for every component in the line – including the robotics – our customers around the world gain the full benefit of holistic approaches to operation, diagnostics and maintenance.
TM Smart Factory Expo: Nov 2-3, The NEC (Birmingham)
B&R Automation are the latest company to join the line up of exhibitors for The Manufacturer Smart Factory Expo, the UK’s only dedicated exhibition in response to Industry 4.0
Other exhibitors recently confirmed include: Autodesk; Bluefin; Bytronic; Cimlogic; Fast Technologies; Harting; K3, and Netsuite.
Showcasing the best solution providers and technology offerings, this unique event is for manufacturing business leaders keen to adopt the relevant tools and knowledge to drive business growth.
- Learn about how Industry 4.0 can improve your business
- Discover new, more cost-effective solutions to existing processes
- Hear how other manufacturers are dealing with the fourth industrial revolution
- Network with new suppliers, customers and business partners
- Compare solutions across every product sector
- Watch live demonstrations of the latest products & how they integrate with each other
- Arrange face-to-face appointments with key suppliers
- Keep up to date with emerging technology
- Uncover new ideas and insights to grow your business
- Speak with your industry locally and globally