Whether you’re an electronics manufacturer or distributor, when you’re finally ready to scale your eCommerce electronics store, it’s important to get the best people for the job.
If you’ve been doing everything on your own, hiring help is going to require a bit of an adjustment on your part. To help you get there, here’s what you need to know when you’re hiring for an eCommerce electronics business.
Define Your Relationship with Workers
Before you decide who these people should be; you need to make some decisions regarding the nature of your relationship. Are they going to work for you on a continuing basis or contract for a few projects? Employees will need steady pay and may require benefits at some point. Both can be costly for businesses. Additionally, potential hires will have a financial stake in your decisions, and will need accurate information to shape their lives around working with you.
Who Should You Hire?
Once you’ve decided what help you need for your eCommerce electronics store, it’s time to figure out what kind of jobs will accommodate your desired growth. Here are a few positions with the potential to do the most toward selling electronics online:
- SEO Analyst/Manager: While you might know how to run a business, search engine optimization (SEO) is likely to be a different animal for you. Best practices in this area are constantly changing as Google continually updates its algorithms. You might be able to do an okay job on your own. But if you really want to sell electronics, you need someone who knows all the best ways of boosting a brand’s search results. As an example, did you know your site’s loading speed has recently become a crucial factor in SEO? A dedicated professional in this area will help you find solutions to you make your site load faster and rank more highly in search engine results.
- Photographer/Videographer: Images are critically important when you’re selling products on the ‘net. Shoppers want a clear idea of what they’re about to buy. Hiring (or contracting with) professional photographers and videographers can also help you create engaging organic content, which continues to migrate toward visual content.
- Content Writer: Content marketing is still one of the most effective ways to increase brand awareness and generate sales—particularly through organic search. You will need a professional writer if your plans include the creation of any considerable amount of organic content.
- Social Media Expert: Social media is now the face of your company on the web. For that reason, it’s important to have someone with a lot of knowledge regarding social media best practices running your accounts. There’s a huge difference between social media done well and done poorly. Getting the right person to run your channels will help you gain and maintain loyal customers, while protecting your image.
- Fulfillment and Customer Service: If your business is really booming, you will need to hire people to help with fulfillment and customer service. Timely deliveries and prompt customer care are key to consumer satisfaction. If shoppers have bad experiences with you, in addition to losing their business, you will experience a lot of negative buzz. Placing the right people in these two areas will help you maintain a positive reputation.
Hiring workers for your eCommerce electronics store can be an intimidating process, especially for those who have never done it before. But if you’re mindful of these ideas when you’re ready to take your online store to the next level, you should be able to do so quite successfully.