Complex shapes, enhanced functional properties and lightweighting are just some of the unique benefits delivered by metal 3D printing or additive manufacturing (AM).
While there is plenty of information about metal 3D printing techniques, materials and hardware, a critical element is rarely mentioned: the need for an integrated software solution.
It takes more than a 3D CAD model and a good printer to get a successful print.
Metal AM software handles all preparation and optimisation actions that are required for a printed part to meet the desired CAD model specifications.
AM software has four main objectives with regard to the additive manufacturing process:
- Enable successful prints – perform all required preparation work for additive manufacturing, e.g. set correct orientation, modify for printability, create supports
- Optimise design – get the most out of additive manufacturing, e.g. reduce weight, enhance functional properties and more
- Minimise design to manufacturing lead-time – streamline preparation and optimization workflow
- Reduce total cost of operations – minimise printing time, material consumption and post-processing labour
Metal AM software also helps to create a streamlined AM workflow, shortening design-to-manufacturing lead-times and allowing you to integrate production-grade additive manufacturing in your business.
Discovering and maintaining a competitive edge in a tough marketplace is key to long- term profitability. Adopting a streamlined AM workflow can make the difference between keeping your edge and losing out to your competition.
Productivity is the critical factor in achieving a fast return on your additive manufacturing investment and improving business profitability.
A streamlined AM process will help you reduce your lead-time, so you can meet the most demanding customer deadlines, and win new customers.
Errors due to multiple data transfer operations can be avoided, therefore reducing your bottom line costs such as operational expenses, printing time and material consumption, while faster time to market will improve your top line revenues.
Choosing the right AM software solution is a decision that gives you the ability to maximise return on your AM hardware investment and positively impact your competitiveness over the long-term.
But, not all AM Software solutions are equal!
A new e-book from 3D printing and additive manufacturing specialists, 3D Systems, clearly sets out:
- How the correct software solution can help the profitability of your metal additive manufacturing business through lowering Total Cost of Operations (TCO).
- What to look for when researching Additive Manufacturing software solutions
- The benefits of having a streamlined workflow using an integrated software solution versus multiple independent software solutions
Fill out the form below to receive your free copy: