Sustainable Manufacturing Symposium, brought to you by The Manufacturer magazine, is the UK’s most senior gathering of sustainability-minded manufacturing leaders. Created to ensure that they can come together for the third year to discuss how to implement the environmental best practices and leverage digital technologies to accelerate sustainability goals.
Now more than ever, manufacturers need to be able to future proof their organisations with a reduce, reuse, remanufacture and recycle strategy to reach net zero.
Ideas and inspiration from every sector…
Delegates will learn the best sustainable digitalisation practices for reaching net zero and carbon footprint targets, reducing energy, water and waste, collecting and applying actionable data to increase output and quality, and developing collaborative partnerships and ecosystems throughout the supply chain to reduce costs and increase operational efficiency.
The event is designed for mid-large sized manufacturing businesses, including but not limited to, food and beverage, aerospace, defence, automotive, electronics, pharma and FMCG sectors.
Sustainable Manufacturing Symposium, taking place online on 16th June 2022, features our innovative conference format including both plenary presentations and our interactive Discussion Rooms led by industry leaders. This allows you to learn from thought leaders and case study experiences and receive direct advice from sustainability experts relating to your specific questions or issues.
Connecting sustainability professionals for a day of collaboration and learning
Manufacturers are aware of the benefits that a sustainable strategy that leverages digital technology (such as IoT, AI, Digital Twins, Predictive Analytics and Cloud) can bring. For example, increased operational efficiency, reduction in costs and waste, reduced carbon footprint, reputation strengthening and improvement in public trust.
The results to-date have proven that sustainability practices go together with increased profits and competitiveness. However, there is still a lot of confusion over how best to incorporate it into existing products and processes. Sustainable Manufacturing Symposium will provide the answers!
If we are going to reach net zero by 2050, it is critically important that we act now to future proof our organisations. Product, process and systems should be integrated at all levels of production and the four R’s – reduce, reuse, remanufacture and recycle should be followed in order to achieve short- and long-term sustainability goals.
What will you learn?
- How to evaluate and optimise energy intensive processes within operations by monitoring and measuring the process units, lines and machines consuming energy? Which technologies to apply?
- How to control overall consumption, economics and emissions?
- How to leverage digital technologies that allow bi-directional control and connectivity to renewable energy sources such as solar plus battery storage?
- How to introduce life cycle thinking to access the environmental impacts associated across the life stages of products.
- How to promote supply chain transparency through industrial symbiosis where the waste from one process (materials, energy, water, capacity, expertise or assets) is used as a resource in another.
- How to develop symbiotic communities that collaborate, and exchange material, water and energy streams between partners to increase resilience and economic gains and foster eco-innovation.
What will you achieve?
- Increase operational efficiency by reducing costs and waste
- Improve performance and reduce resource footprint
- Create sustainable operations that are resilient to unpredictable future events
- Integrate sustainability across business functions
- Manage cultural change during transformation projects
- Protect and strengthen brand and reputation and public trust
- Respond to or reach new customers and increase competitive advantage
- Learn how your peers are tackling and overcoming similar sustainability challenges
Who should attend?
Sustainable Manufacturing Symposium is designed for a cross-section of Manufacturing, Management, Finance, Operations, Engineering, Supply Chain and Sustainability professionals from companies with £50m+ turnover from every sector of the manufacturing industry.
Attendees will come together to share ideas and experience in an informal and interactive format and leave with new skills and ideas for how best to tackle the issue of sustainability at their respective businesses.
Sustainable Manufacturing Symposium has an interactive format that enables in-depth peer-to-peer discussions around your key business challenges, providing real insight and value.
This includes a combination of plenary (keynotes, 5-minute idea, and a panel discussion) and our ‘deep-dive’ Discussion Room breakout sessions, which are limited to 25 delegates in each session.
Our Plenary sessions bring together all delegates in a single virtual room – concentrating the event’s focus on to a series of high-profile content sessions. These content sessions include case studies delivered by our keynote speakers as well as expertly moderated panel debates.
Select the topics that matter most to you! At two breakout sessions during the Symposium, you will have the opportunity to choose between six Discussion Rooms for a 40-minute interactive session concentrating on actionable takeaways, hosted by a world-class manufacturer and a technology expert.
To read the full agenda, click here.
For more information and to register your interest, click here.