Manufacturers both large and small from all over the UK are being urged to enter The Manufacturer MX Awards by the 22 June deadline.
The Manufacturer MX Awards ceremony in November is the pinnacle of a stringent programme designed to provide valuable business improvement advice and feedback from an expert panel of judges in the form of a confidential business report.
With categories ranging from recognition in innovation and sustainability, through to apprenticeships, leadership and staff engagement, there are plenty of opportunities for businesses of all sizes and sectors to be recognised for excellence.
The free to enter programme is open to all UK manufacturing companies, with entrants able to make submissions in as many categories as desired, before the nomination deadline of 22 June. The Hennik team will be on hand to help you through the initial online assessment and to answer any questions you may have.
With two weeks remaining to recognise your manufacturing business in the UK’s biggest and most rigorous awards programme, we’ve put together some top tips to help with your entries:
- Choose wisely and consider the strengths of your business, make sure you choose categories where you can reference your biggest successes and the things you are most proud of.
- Evidence your statements. Always ensure your evidence is directly linked to the question and try and include measures and statistics where possible to support this.
- Proof your entries before you submit, if you can, ask someone objective who has not been directly involved in your application to provide feedback this is always valuable.
- Passion is important, if you have implemented initiatives and have a strategy you are proud of then make sure the judges understand this.
- Use the team to gather as much support and input into your submissions as possible. Whether it is the boss or your colleagues they’ll be able to give you valuable information and feedback to benefit your entries.
Visit The Manufacturer MX Awards website for more information and to download our entry pack.
The Awards ceremony and gala dinner takes place on 15 November 2018 at Exhibition Centre Liverpool, and is a core aspect of Digital Manufacturing Week.
What do our judges say?
“Obviously, the first requirement of a successful entry, whatever the category, is the ability to demonstrate excellent performance in the field being assessed. But the most compelling entries are always those that demonstrate the active involvement of staff across the organisation in the submission,” Peter Flinn, Fellow, Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE).
What are The Manufacturer MX Awards?
The Manufacturer MX Awards is an annual programme delivered by The Manufacturer, in association with the Institution of Mechanical Engineers.
These Awards give you the opportunity to gain valuable business improvement advice and industry-wide recognition for your achievements, your employees and your business.
As part of the judging process, those shortlisted in nine of the 11 categories will receive Site Visits. A Judging Day will bring together the two remaining categories before each winner is selected.
All entrants will benefit from constructive and confidential feedback that you can use to support your company’s or individual business improvement. After the awards ceremony, this feedback is written into an Assessment and Business Improvement Report tailored to you or your company.
In addition, all finalists are automatically included in The Manufacturer Opus, a showcase publication which aims to change the image of manufacturing by showcasing and disseminating shining examples of manufacturing merit.