On June, 15 200 industry leaders from all over the UK gathered at St George’s Hall in Liverpool for the UK Export Excellence Awards 2016 to celebrate the very best in UK exporters.
You can now view photos from the ceremony and gala dinner here.
The ceremony and gala dinner, a culmination of a partnership between the Global Trade Review and The Manufacturer magazine, recognises and celebrates the cream of UK exporters across a range of sectors and geographical regions.
The event was sponsored by Barclays, NatWest, Santander, UK Export Finance, FBNBank UK and Standard Chartered.
Export Excellence Awards 2016: The winners
- Exporter of the Year – Xtrac Ltd
- Export Excellence in Sub-Saharan Africa – Tan Sales (London) Ltd
- Export Excellence in MENA – Interfloor Limited
- Best First Time Export – Goodordering Ltd
- Export Excellence in Europe – Xtrac Ltd
- Innovation in Exporting – Interfloor Limited
- Export Excellence in Asia Pacific – Mabey Bridge Limited
- Supply Chain Excellence – MNB Precision Ltd
- Best of UK Export Finance – NMS Infrastructure Ltd
- Export Excellence in the Americas – Durbin PLC
Peter Gubbins, managing director of GTR, and Henry Anson, managing director of The Manufacturer, kicked off the evening with a joint address.
The pair highlighted that the UK is the fastest growing economy within the G7, and that there has never been a better time to celebrate British exporting.
Cathy Newman, guest speaker and Channel 4 News presenter, followed with a keynote speech, and provided an insight into her journalism career, she even admitted that one of her PR contacts, often to ‘fob her off’, was none other than the Prime Minister, David Cameron.
Is your business achieving great feats in manufacturing?
With a category to suit every element of your operations, nominate your business for TMMX Awards 2016.
After a luscious three-course dinner, the much anticipated awards ceremony began, where Gubbins and Anson returned to the stage to present the accolades.
The overall Exporter of the Year was scooped up by transmission technology manufacturer Xtrac, which also took home the Export Excellence in Europe award.
Stephen Lane, finance director at Xtrac told TM, “It’s tremendous and it is testament to what we do. There’s a lot of talent in the company and we base ourselves so much on our ability to export our products.
“We export three quarters of our business around the world with half of that going into Europe, everything we do is geared towards exports. To win one award is great, but to win overall is fantastic.”
Shortlisted companies from across the UK were judged by an independent panel of experts from some of the UK’s leading institutions.
- Gabriel Buck, Managing Director, GKB Ventures (Lead Judge)
- Lesley Batchelor, Director General, Institute of Export
- Margaret Eyres, Head of Direct Lending, UK Export Finance (UKEF)
- David Riches, Executive Director, Commercial Services,British Chambers of Commerce
- William Clark, Head of UK Trade Credit, AIG
- Geoffrey de Mowbray, Chief Executive Officer,Dints International/Co-Chairman, British Exporters Association (BExA)
- Guto Davies, Managing Director, Sales & Project Finance, GE Capital
- Ian Taylor, Chairman, Institute of Export
- Julian Hucker, Chairman, Open to Export
- Ed Harkins, Head of Export Credit Financing, Fieldstone
- Peter Matza, Engagement Director, Association of Corporate Treasurers