At Deloitte we’ve spent years establishing our Smart Factory network. Our infrastructure allows us to offer a suite of services designed to support businesses in their efforts to be Industry 4.0 ready.
Join our Smart Factory workshops
We’re inviting businesses to join our Smart Factory workshops.
These sessions are tailor-made to provide you with best practice examples and demonstrative Industry 4.0 cases across Manufacturing, Sourcing & Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Product Development and overarching topics like Quality Management.
The ultimate aims of the sessions are to:
- Inspire with innovative use cases
- Activate potential of the digital manufacturing journey
- Explore integrated & smart solutions
- Create new business models
We aim to collaborate with you across four key areas:
Digital Strategy – Defining a holistic, long term vision for your business
- Digital vision
- Business strategy
- Target architecture
Digital Maturity Index – Assessing the maturity of digital systems, breaking down your vision into targets and identifying areas of improvement
- Product readiness
- Digital capabilities
- Organisation readiness
Digital Academy – Educating and upskilling your workforce to be ready for the future of manufacturing (further information on this can be found in our previous piece in The Manufacturer)
- Custom timeline and training plan for your business
- Syllabus covering a wide range of smart manufacturing topics
- Engaging training sessions prioritising interaction with attendees
Industrial Backbone – Assessing the technology platform requirements & designing the systems architecture
- Defining which technologies are needed and which platforms best support those
- Developing a roadmap for implementing the required systems
What is the Smart Factory?
The smart factory is a flexible system that can self-optimise performance across a broader network, self-adapt to and learn from new conditions in real or near-real time, and autonomously run entire production processes. Smart factories can operate within the four walls of the factory, but they can also connect to a global network of similar production systems, and even to the digital supply network more broadly.
The Deloitte Smart Factory Network
Our ability to deliver insights and best practice guidance for our clients is reinforced by our network of Smart Factories around the world. with locations in –
- Dusseldorf, Germany
- Wichita, United States of America
- Kyoto, Japan
- Along with a partnership at the University of Sheffield’s Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre, United Kingdom
With our network spanning three continents we’re able to identify which themes remain consistent across different industries, regions, and business sizes. However, it also gives us the ability to determine the subjective needs for individual businesses.
With new climate targets and an ever-evolving slate of new technologies at your fingerprints there’s never been a better time to kickstart your Smart Factory journey.
Get in touch to book your place at one of our Smart Factory Workshops
*Header image courtesy of Shutterstock