A primary challenge for many food manufacturing and distribution firms involves the effective implementation and use of an ERP system for managing the business.
The business processes require unique software functionality related to the key issues in the food industry, as described in this series of ‘how to’ guides.
Columbus has gathered the experiences and best advice of customers and experts in this guide and answers these challenges:
- How to manage perishable goods.
- How to minimise production interruptions.
- How to reduce manual and double registrations.
- How to improve visibility, control and planning.
- How to optimise collaboration within the organisation and with trade partners.
- How to manage multiple manufacturing sites and processes.
- How to gain control of products with multiple units of measure.