A group of 40 manufacturing and supply chain leaders attending the 2018 Farnborough International Airshow participated in an interactive roundtable to discuss how to drive greater agility, innovation and profitability.
Their organisations spanned a variety of sectors – aerospace, defence, transportation, mobility, industrial equipment, consumer packaged goods, retail and finance, and the group identified several common areas for improvement.
This short paper summarises the group’s collective wisdom and findings, structured around questions defined as critical to the successful improvement of manufacturing.
Key questions addressed include:
- How do organizations maintain integrity in the supply chain?
- What is the best way to structure trust in the supply chains of original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), given the level of transparency expected in Industry 4.0?
- How can OEMs and suppliers have fully effective collaboration in a competitive commercial environment?
- Are companies stuck in their old way of operating and not considering the advances in technology?
- How can industry ensure that small companies can take part in collaborative innovation?
Fill out the form below to receive your free copy: