A new report by The Manufacturer on behalf of sustainability experts Manufacture 2030 says industrial companies are missing out on opportunities to save money – and the environment – by failing to use non-labour resources efficiently.
The report’s key findings:
- The improvement of non-labour resource efficiency is one of the greatest missed opportunities for cost reduction and improved competitiveness in manufacturing
- Although senior management in many manufacturing businesses are broadly supportive of resource efficiency, finding the right implementation teams and creating cross-company cooperation is a challenge
- Significant barriers to resource efficiency are perceived to be time scarcity, complexity and the risk of disruption
- Despite good intentions, many manufacturers fail to set meaningful targets for resource efficiency, which compromises both the creation of focused projects and the ability to assess them
- There is a lack of easy-to-use, low-cost tools for running resource efficiency programmes
All these issues and more are explored in an exclusive new report from The Manufacturer and Manufacture 2030.
Fill out the form below to receive your free copy: