Every year The Smallpeice Trust searches for outstanding Year 11 STEM students to receive their prestigious Arkwright Engineering Scholarship - designed to support and encourage future leaders in engineering.
Now in its 30th year, this fully sponsored scholarship aims to give young people from all backgrounds the chance to reach their potential, helping them to make informed choices about their future with the support of an experienced mentor, funding, and exclusive industry events.
Supporting 2022\23 Arkwright Engineering Scholarships
The sponsorship fee is £2,300 per scholar for a two-year Scholarship programme.
This gives you:
- A wonderful Arkwright Engineering Scholar to inspire and engage
- Access to an outstanding pipeline of (future) engineers including 700 Scholars.
- Early identification of future graduates and higher apprenticeship candidates within specific talent pools
- Good CSR and Marketing messages.
- Account Manager who will help you select your Scholar(s).
For more details about the scholarship programme, visit the website here.
Students apply for the scholarship in Year 11 (England and Wales), S4 (Scotland) or Year 12 (Northern Ireland), undertaking a rigorous selection process where they must showcase their passion for engineering and their potential as a future leader.
If successful, students are awarded at the start of Year 12 (England and Wales), S5 (Scotland) or Year 13 (Northern Ireland), receiving full support through their final years of school.
Student Applications for 2022
This year’s response has been exceptional:
- 420 of the partnered schools submitting 1,422 teacher endorsed applications.
- 61% from state school and 29% female who all sat an aptitude exam in school
- 716 selected to go forward to the interview stage.
- One in every four applicants are successful in receiving a two-year sponsorship
One of the inspirational Arkwright alumna Era Shah, has been recognised as one of the WES Top 50 Women in Engineering 2021. You can read her inspirational story here.
This year’s scholarships close on 15th September 2022, so act now to join the programme.
For more details, please feel free to get in contact with Jonnie Bowmer.