Ferrari North Europe has announced an investment of over £350,000 in its Apprentice Programme in the UK, in partnership with the Official Ferrari Dealer Network.
The programme, offering nationally recognised qualifications accredited by IMI Awards, will be managed in-house and will offer a unique opportunity for outstanding school leavers to receive three-year specialised training on Ferrari’s class-leading and technically innovative range of cars, in line with the Government’s Advanced Modern Apprenticeship guidelines.
Matteo Torre, regional manager for Ferrari North Europe, commented: “This project is part of the Ferrari philosophy of investing in young talent. Every year, Ferrari has a number of scholarships dedicated to deserving students. Currently, there is a 3 year internship programme for students from the Tsinghua University of Shanghai, China, and the Prancing Horse recently launched a contest amongst 50 of the most prestigious international schools to design the Ferrari Hypercar of the Future.
“We are proud to continue this philosophy through the Ferrari North Europe Apprentice Programme and to ensure that the Ferrari dealer network has a continual supply of high quality, knowledgeable and expertly trained apprentices who will hopefully become the Ferrari technicians of the future.”
Ferrari North Europe’s investment in the Apprentice programme includes:
• a commitment from all 12 Official Ferrari Dealers in the UK to each take on at least one apprentice for the duration of the 3-year Apprentice Programme;
• two new classrooms with 10 computer terminals for online assessments and for computer-based learning to be installed at Ferrari North Europe Ltd’s head office in Slough;
• a dedicated and fully-equipped workshop with three vehicle ramps and over £20,000 of tools and equipment for Apprentices to receive hands-on training for servicing and maintaining Ferrari cars.
• a Ferrari Technical Training Instructor dedicated to providing courses and tuition for the Ferrari North Europe Apprentice Programme.
• a number of vehicles and service parts for hands-on technical training and diagnostics tuition, including some of the most highly innovative products from the Ferrari range.
The Ferrari North Europe Apprentice Programme is open to all school leavers aged 16 or over, and includes in-house and in-dealer training for 3 years, with 24 weeks of specific training at Ferrari North Europe’s head office during the programme.
Potential apprentices can register their interest in the programme by sending an email to: [email protected]