Industry's premier data event, Industrial Data Summit (IDS) 2022, will take place on 28 April 2022 (9:00am - 3:30pm) at Villa Park in Birmingham and you can secure an early bird ticket until 28 February.
Researched and produced by The Manufacturer magazine, IDS will see some of the most experienced industrial data professionals come together for a day of collaboration and learning. Now in its fifth year, IDS seeks to help manufacturers unlock the value in industrial data to improve efficiency, reduce costs and encourage a culture of data-driven decision making.
Confirmed speakers and discussion leaders so far include:
- Harry Minns, Systems and Data Controller, Williams Racing
- Robert Clifford, Head of Data – Maritime and Land, BAE Systems
- Mircea Oprisan, Director Advanced Analytics, Mars
- Ondrej Polak, Process Development Manager, LISI Aerospace
- Marla Nelson, Head of Data Driven Transformation & Culture, Jaguar Land Rover
- Bryan Difford, Commerical Manager – Manufacturing, Peak
- Sam Saunders, Head of Data Strategy & Data Product Management, Dyson
- Adam Limrick, Automotive Sector Lead, Tableau
- Stephen Messham, Supply Chain Analytics and Insights Manager, GSK
- Aaron Machej, Regional Lead, Sales Layer
- Suresh Daniel, Data & Architecture Integration Director, Coats
- Sean Robinson, Service Leader, Novotek UK
- Sam Needs, Aerospace & Defence Lead, Tableau
- Gerard Bartley, Data Project Lead, OCI Chemical
- Alexandra Chaigne, Regional Master Data Manager, Becketts Foods
- Jon Stammers, Theme Lead for Connectivity and AI, AMRC
- Russ Sagert, Business Development Manager – Industrial Manufacturing, NetApp
- John Bound, Head of Marketing, RS Industria
- Mike Kiersey, EMEA CTO, Boomi
- Tim Fisher, Global Head of Enterprise Architecture , Kagool
- With more speakers being added all the time
We’ve also secured some fantastic sponsors for this year’s IDS, including:
- Cloud data management solutions provider NetApp
- Industrial digital solutions provider Novotek
- Global data and analytics specialist Kagool
- Data visualisation company Tableau
- Cloud-based product information management (PIM) solution Sales Layer
- Cloud-based IIoT data-collection & reporting service RS Industria
- iPaaS solutions & tools specialist Boomi
Each of these brilliant firms will be hosting a themed discussion table on the day. We’re onboarding new sponsors at present and will announce them as they are confirmed.
Speaking about this year’s IDS, Henry Anson, Managing Director of The Manufacturer, said: “Data is at the core of every digital transformation project and without a robust data strategy any undertaking will be doomed to failure. The 5th annual Industrial Data Summit is an important event to ensure that you as an organisation have these building blocks in place before you embark on your digitalisation journey. We are delighted to announce that NetApp will be sharing their knowledge and expertise at the event.”
Chris Greenwood, NetApp Director UK & Ireland, said: “As the primary driver of innovation which helps to identify efficiencies, data is the cornerstone of every manufacturer’s digitalisation strategy. The faster and more accessible the data is, the more value can be extracted. AI and ML based tools are the often the best route, but rely on real-time data collection and high-performance, cloud-integrated solutions. At the Industrial Data Summit, we will be sharing best practice and discussing how these technologies can lead to better operating decisions and greater business value for leading manufacturers.”
Veronika Grozdanovska, Chief Innovation Officer at Novotek UK & Ireland, said: “The Industrial Data Summit is a place that really brings together the ultimate operational users of, and the technology deployment teams that deliver, the automation and systems where data is born. For us, it’s important to help create the understanding that technology selection needs to be driven by a broad understanding of how data may be used and re-used over and over again by a range of operational stakeholders. There’s no better venue than this summit to help foster that kind of thinking.”
Dan Barlow, CEO of Kagool, commented: “At Kagool, our focus is helping our customers deliver real business value from their existing data investments, preparing for the next step at their own pace. That’s why we’re excited to sponsor the industrial data summit organised by The Manufacturer.
“The benefits from investing in data & analytics can be transformative for the businesses we work with.”
Aaron Machej, Regional Lead at Sales Layer, said: “Attending the Industrial Data Summit will give me the chance to network with peers and like minded professionals. The event will give me the opportunity to listen to both the strategic and tactical initiatives that businesses look to tackle in 2022.
“When relevant I will look to share my experience and how Sales Layers platform can help organisations optimise their product information management / governance problems to unlock business value.”
John Bound, Head of Marketing at RS Industria, commented: “RS Industria is proud to sponsor the Industrial Data Summit, as we believe that there is a lack of understanding between a business’s core IT functions and those personnel who manage the industrial systems on the factory floor. This is a potentially serious barrier to the future digitisation of industry and this summit will play an important part in closing the gap between these two schools of information technology.”
Looking to unlock and harness the power of your industrial data? Head over to industrial-data.uk and register your interest now.