The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) has launched the Phase 2: Summer 2022 competition window of the Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (IETF). Phase 2 is worth around £220m in funding between Autumn 2021 and 2025.
Businesses in England, Wales and Northern Ireland can now bid for a share of up to £70m in grant funding through the Phase 2: Summer 2022 competition window. To view the applicant guidance and make an application for funding, please visit the BEIS competition page.
The competition will open for applications on Monday 30 May and will run until 3pm on Friday 9 September 2022. The competition will provide grant funding towards the costs of:
- Studies – feasibility and engineering studies to investigate identified energy efficiency and decarbonisation projects prior to an investment decision.
- Energy Efficiency projects – deployment of technologies to reduce industrial energy consumption.
- Deep Decarbonisation projects – deployment of technologies to achieve industrial emissions savings.
If you have any questions about the Phase 2 competition or would like to discuss a potential application, please contact [email protected]. You can also refer to this list of published answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
The competition is open to the following sectors, organisations and professionals:
- Data centres
- Mining and quarrying companies
- Recovery and recycling of materials companies.
IETF Phase 2: Summer 2022 stakeholder event
Interested organisations/individuals should also consider joining the IETF Phase 2: Summer 2022 webinar on Wednesday 8 June.
It will be an opportunity to:
- Hear about the scope of the competitions
- Hear from industrial site owners who were funded in Phase 1
- Learn about eligibility criteria
- Learn how to make an application for funding
- Network online and develop partnerships for the competitions
- Speak with BEIS online for one-to-one discussions about the competitions.
To register for the webinar, please visit the registration site.
The event will be recorded and will be available to stakeholders to view at any time via a playback system.
To help potential applicants to find suitable partners, BEIS has launched the IETF networking platform. To register and book meetings, please visit https://ietf-phase2.meeting-mojo.com/. BEIS officials will also offer one-to-one confidential discussions via the networking platform on the day of the briefing event.
BEIS will offer fortnightly stakeholder clinics throughout the window. Further details will be shared in due course. Applicants can also view videos from past winners and suppliers of eligible technologies on our Virtual Technology Marketplace. To register for the Technology Marketplace, please visit the registration site,
Details on other funding opportunities can be found here.