Nominations for the GTR‐BExA Young Exporter Award, now in its 15th year, and Young Export Financier Award, new in 2019, are now open.
The two awards are open to candidates aged 35 or under and employed in the export or export finance department of a manufacturing, trading or financial services company registered in the UK.
The successful candidates, selected from a shortlist of interviewed candidates, will have typically played a key role in winning or closing financing of a significant order or achieving a series of smaller orders, or in establishing a new business process which has led to increased export competitiveness.
Previous winners have included:
- 2018: Jonathan Moyce, owner and Director of Loving Pets UK Ltd
- 2017: Alastair White, Deputy Chairman of Biwater International Ltd
- 2016: Nick de Lisle, Bid Manager at NMS Infrastructure Ltd, and Freddie Tucker, Trade & Structured Finance at Dints International Ltd
- 2015: Troy Wang, VP‐Customers at Rolls‐Royce plc
- 2014: Christopher Blackford, Co‐Founder and Operations Director of Sky‐Futures
- 2013: Geoffrey de Mowbray, CEO of Dints International Ltd
- Candidates must be under 35 on 31st December 2018
- Candidates need not be BExA members
- The winner is selected by a GTR‐BExA interview panel taking account of a written submission by the applicant
- The winner receives a cheque for £1,000 and a 1‐year subscription to GTR, valued at £550