PP Control & Automation (PP) is promising to share its expertise in the design and build of electrical control panels to UL508a/cUL508a standards with the rest of the sector.
The company, which employs 200 people at its 40,000 sqft facility in the West Midlands, is preparing its next series of free seminars that will provide machinery builders with access to knowledge and training designed to help them achieve the quality accreditations required when dealing with customers in the US and Canada.
Managing Director of PP, Tony Hague explained: “Too many companies believe they will meet requirements by simply selecting UL approved components and putting them into a UL approved enclosure…nothing could be further from the truth.
“The level of confusion that we are seeing from machinery builders has never been greater, ironically at a time when the North American export market is actually growing for many of these companies.”
Hague continued: “With this opportunity comes greater risk if the appropriate standards and approvals are not either fully understood, misinterpreted or, worst still, ignored.
“That is why our seminars are proving so popular, with more than 60 firms taking part so far.”
In addition to the complexities of UL, PP can also help firms meet the specific needs of US NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) standards number 70 & 79, national US electrical and safety codes.
For more information, visit www.ppcanda.com
TM Smart Factory Expo: Nov 2-3, The NEC (Birmingham)
The Manufacturer Smart Factory Expo is the UK’s only dedicated exhibition in response to Industry 4.0
Showcasing the best solution providers and technology offerings, this unique event is for manufacturing business leaders keen to adopt the relevant tools and knowledge to drive business growth.
- Learn about how Industry 4.0 can improve your business
- Discover new, more cost-effective solutions to existing processes
- Hear how other manufacturers are dealing with the fourth industrial revolution
- Network with new suppliers, customers and business partners
- Compare solutions across every product sector
- Watch live demonstrations of the latest products & how they integrate with each other
- Arrange face-to-face appointments with key suppliers
- Keep up to date with emerging technology
- Uncover new ideas and insights to grow your business
- Speak with your industry locally and globally