The time is almost now – and we are excited to announce that a record number of 3,529 registered visitors will attend Digital Manufacturing Week on 15-16 November at Exhibition Centre Liverpool.
The Digital Manufacturing Week is the UK’s biggest, boldest and best showcase of Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) technologies, and this year comes to the Liverpool City Region – the UK’s largest manufacturing region..
Delivered in partnership with industry and world-class solutions providers, attendees will discover the latest opportunities and technologies in the industry, network with more than 4,000 of their peers, thought leaders and global experts, and generate valuable connections and collaborative opportunities.
Nick Hussey, CEO of Hennik Group – publishers of The Manufacturer and organisers of Digital Manufacturing Week, commented: “2017 has been a great year for UK manufacturing which has seen output rise for the last six months in a row – something that last happened 23 years ago.
“This rising business confidence is reflected in the interest surrounding the Fourth Industrial Revolution, especially the role of Industrial Automation, Big Data and the Industrial Internet.
“These aspects are very much the focus of Smart Factory Expo, and our strong partnership with Liverpool City Region has helped The Manufacturer expand our footprint in the UK’s advanced manufacturing hotbed. The whole team is really excited to see how Smart Factory Expo, Leaders Conference, MX Awards and Top 100 events have grown.”
Digital Manufacturing Week consists of four pillars:
Smart Factory Expo will display the very latest technologies driving the Fourth Industrial Revolution, such as additive manufacturing (3D printing), sensors, advanced automation, robotics, augmented reality, data capture and data analytics.
Leaders Conference – more than 120 top tier speakers and contributors come together to offer the most comprehensive, enterprise-wide digital manufacturing benchmarking and knowledge sharing experience for industry leaders.
The Top 100 – more than 250 nominated individuals have been narrowed down by our esteemed panel of judges to form The Manufacturer Top 100 2017. The report will be launched at an exclusive drinks reception in Liverpool on 15 November, with every one of the 100 demonstrating everything that is great about UK manufacturing.
The Manufacturer MX Awards – with a combined heritage of more than 40 years, The Manufacturer MX Awards was formed in 2015 by the merger of two of the industry’s existing awards programmes: The Manufacturer of the Year Awards, run by The Manufacturer and the Manufacturing Excellence (MX) Awards, run by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE).
The Manufacturer MX Awards is the biggest annual celebration in the industry’s calendar, attracting more than 1,000 attendees, and is the culmination of a rigorous programme designed to provide valuable business improvement advice and feedback from an expert panel of judges.
The UK’s largest digital manufacturing show!
Liverpool and the North West’s advanced manufacturing is in the spotlight as the region plays host to 4000 manufacturers from across the country at Smart Factory Expo – the biggest digital manufacturing show in the country.
The UK’s largest standalone 4IR expo coincides with the government’s much anticipated Industrial Strategy, and this year features:
- More than 100 Exhibitors – including: Autodesk, Cisco, Dell EMC, IBM, Innovate UK, Oracle Netsuite, Rockwell Automation, and Siemens.
- Free Factory Tours – including tours to: Jaguar Land Rover, Sensor City, Virtual Engineering Centre (VEC). Find out more.
- Dedicated Exhibition Zones – Industrial Automation, Digital Transformation, Smart Factories, and Industrial Internet.
- Free Conference Content – 90 presentations over both days from world-class manufacturers and technology experts.
- Practical Workshops – curated by the University of Cambridge’s Institute for Manufacturing, with case studies from BAE Systems, Caterpillar, Rolls-Royce and more.
- Innovation Alley – lifting the lid on the UK’s manufacturing high-tech start-up scene.
- Hack and Pitch – a competition that offers an opportunity for larger manufacturing companies to engage directly with exciting new enterprises developing cutting-edge solutions around smart factories. Find out more.