Imagine if your company was able to reduce the number of mundane, repetitive tasks that are completed by staff each and every week. Tasks that can often hold up sales, delay delivery, frustrate customers or, even worse, be completed incorrectly.
Companies in the manufacturing industry were the early adopters of automation, implementing robots and processing lines to perform daily production activities in the plant.
Now, in an effort to achieve automated efficiency in areas other than the production line, the sector is increasingly adopting Robotic Process Automation in order to also improve back-office processes.
Robotic Process Automation, or RPA, is software that is integrated with business processes in order to automate certain activities, minimize human errors, and maximize productivity.
One well-known German automaker recently implemented RPA and successfully automated a total of 28 different tasks including: payment and refunds processing; reconciling of forecast vs actual expenditures; customs import processing; the generation of commercial finance contracts; and many more.
The result was 2,650 hours saved each month and $6m a year of annual savings. Not only that, the automated activities are now able to be undertaken 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Benefits of using RPA in the Manufacturing industry:
- Optimizing time-centric and repetitive routine processes
- Increases go-to-market speed by maximizing productivity
- Reduces cost by minimizing human errors and increase compliance
- Increases agility in operation
Achieve RPA success at scale – How Atos can help
So how does a business start down the path of Robotic Process Automation? According to experts, Atos, it is essential to develop a long-term RPA strategy and align changing business processes with technology needs.
The Atos RPA Center of Excellence (COE) and Governance Framework provides a structured service developed by industry experts to provide leadership, standards, best practices, and support your organization’s RPA initiative at scale.
It is designed to be agile and be able to adapt to the rapidly changing RPA space.
Atos has helped many customers implement RPA in the following use cases:
|Bill of Material Generation||Purchase Order Management||Invoice Management|
|ERP Management||Workflow Management||Accounting and Finance|
|Demand and Supply planning||Logistics||Report Automation|
Robotic Process Automation allows for enterprises to remain efficient, productive, and competitive by automating routine tasks at a large scale. Atos RPA COE services assure customers achieve a successful enterprise-wide RPA implementation, which typically takes around eight weeks.
Increase top-line and bottom-line by identifying the right candidates:
The Atos RPA workshop team will conduct a “deep dive” session and interviews to gather information and assess the current RPA environment and state of various processes. Atos will assess the existing processes and potential candidates with proven methodology to develop recommendations for optimization. The scope for each process includes feasibility analysis and benefits estimation by scoring the process, calculating ROI, and determining detailed recommendation. Typically, this is a 4-week engagement.
Realize automation benefits by building robots with speed and scale:
Atos RPA Build (development) Services are well-structured services developed by industry experts to build robots on demand, on scale, with speed and quality. It is designed to be agile to adapt to the rapidly changing RPA space. Atos Build Services allow enterprises to focus on automating various business processes with speed and agility, without worrying about the nitty-gritty of the robot build activities. Typically, the robot is built in less than 10 weeks.
Minimize production down time:
The Atos RPA scalable operation service is an innovative ITIL-based support framework, designed to operate thousands of robots 24×7, has flexible tier-based pricing model, and supports a “build your bot” (citizen) model. Typically, it takes less than two months to take over the run operations (up to 50 bots).
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) explained in 1 min – Video
Key information about Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
Business/IT Process Automation
- Key differentiator: Atos team includes experienced business process consultants to work with the business to optimize the process before automation: 15-20% reduction in automation efforts
- Takes less than 10 weeks to build and deploy an automation
- Top-line ROI begins on day 1
- Simple, predictable pricing model, based on robot complexity: Simple, Medium, and Complex
Scalable Robot Automation
- Flexible and dynamic pricing model – as the number of incidents go down, price goes down: as number of robots goes up, price goes down
- Customer enterprise dashboard and analytics to monitor the bots
Intelligent Automation (AI/ML)
- Uses both historical and current data and makes decisions and predictions
- 70+ plug-and-play use cases
- 15-20% reduction in automation efforts
IRPA Test Automation
- Multi-faceted test automation approach
- Assessment phase: Test scenarios are identified (test plan)
- Build phase: Workflow unit test cases are built directly into the robot
- UAT – end-to-end test scenarios are executed with the business teams
- Helps to reduce quality issues by 30%
Other Pricing Models
- Pricing based on process outputs: volume of transactions processed
- Pricing based on business outcome or impact: Gain-sharing based on mutually agreed upon parameters.
Atos is open to working with customer to come up with the above pricing models. It requires a 2-day workshop to determine the pricing.
Click here for more information on how Atos can help your company increase productivity through Robotic Process Automation (RPA). Or, if you have any questions about RPA, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further Reading – Scaling up Robotic Process Automation (RPA) adoption