Advancements in remotely operated vehicle (ROV) technology and the challenges posed by a difficult marketplace will be among the topics under the spotlight at Subsea UK’s 2015 ROV Conference.
The event – which takes place on Friday 11 September – during the final day of Offshore Europe will welcome experts from across the industry to debate a range of subjects including the global market outlook; deepwater construction challenges; trenching and mining, and operational efficiencies.
Speakers confirmed for the event include:
- Kieran O’Brien, energy researcher for Infield Systems Ltd
- Richard Stark, project services manager for Apache North Sea
- Chris Baldwin, IMCA technical adviser
- James Jamieson, technology manager for Subsea 7
- Peter MacInnes, VP sales & marketing for FMC Schilling Robotics
- John Davies, business acquisition and development manager for Canyon Offshore Ltd
- Steve Ham, general manager for The Underwater Centre
- Richard Warburton, managing director for Maritime Training & Competence Solutions UK
Chief executive of Subsea UK, Neil Gordon commented: “With so many of the world’s leading subsea companies operating here in the North East of Scotland, the conference has fast become the best place to hear about the latest developments in the ROV sector.
“There’s no denying that the outlook has changed dramatically since our last ROV conference and times are incredibly tough. We must look beyond the current crisis and take a long term approach to making our industry more efficient and therefore more sustainable in a lower oil price environment. Tackling the challenges head on and working more co-operatively is high on the agenda.”
The 2015 ROV Conference will also provide a platform for businesses to come together to identify opportunities; drive new technology forward; discover and develop new outcomes, and work towards a common goal, building upon the good work which is already being delivered.
Sponsored by ROV service provider ROVOP, the 2015 conference will also be supported by Delta Subsea; Bibby Offshore; Teledyne Bowtech, and iXBlue.
The conference takes place on Friday 11 September at the Village Hotel, Prime Four, Kingswells, Aberdeen. For further information and to buy tickets for the conference, visit www.subseauk.com.