Stiffen the sinews… summon up the blood…. and stand by to give your company the biggest profile in UK manufacturing. Yes it’s The Manufacturer of the Year Awards 2013 – and details for the judging day are announced.
Entries opened in April but the closing date is fast approaching – fill in the form and get it in by July 31st to guarantee your place in the race.
The judging day takes place on Thursday October 3rd at the University of Birmingham, which is supporting the judging process. The venue has full conference facilities.
For more than ten years, The Manufacturer of the Year Awards has consistently delivered as one of the most important award programmes in British manufacturing.
Previous entries and winners include Smith & Nephew, Rolls-Royce, BAE Systems (ES), Accolade Wines, Milliken Industrials, New Holland Agriculture, e2v, Elekta, Hozelock, Castle Precision Engineering and Ricardo.
If you’ve not entered the awards yet – DO SO NOW!!!!! https://www.themanufacturer.com/awards
In 2012, companies of all sizes from a wide variety of manufacturing sectors assembled at the Centre for Engineering and Manufacturing Excellence to compete for the chance to be crowned “The Manufacturer of the Year”.
Previous entrants such as Accolade Wines, Coca-Cola Enterprises and CNH UK (New Holland) returned to stake their latest claims and they were joined by new entries from firms including Caterpillar UK, Rolls-Royce, Hotel Chocolat, Newburgh Engineering and many more.
Confirmed judges this year include:
- Jan Ward, CEO, Corrotherm International
- Colin Larkin, Plant Manager, CNH UK
- Peter Watkins, Operational Systems & Business Excellence Director, GKN
- Brendan Hindle, Senior Vice President – Manufacturing Improvement, Rolls-Royce
- Debra Lim, Corporate Social Responsibility Manager, Park Cakes
- Dr David Clark, Principal Fellow, Warwick Manufacturing Group
- Gordon Macrae, Special Projects Manager, Gripple