Having analysed all the conversations among the world’s foremost digital specialists, Onalytica has produced the Top 100 Digital Transformation Influencers, Brands and Publications – with The Manufacturer placed at number 49.
The Top 100 Influencers, Brands and Publications report, produced by Onalytica, ranks the individuals and companies driving the most engagement around Digital Transformation in 2018.
It includes representatives from the likes of Microsoft, Dell EMC, PwC, Gartner, Salesforce, and Atos, alongside organisations such as SAP, Accenture, IBM, Oracle, Cisco, GE Digital, and Siemens.
The Manufacturer is ranked alongside leading global publications and outlets including The Economic Times, Computer Weekly, TIMES NOW, Forbes India, Marketing Week, and ZDNet.
In celebration of this prestigious recognition, here are the top 10 Digital Transformation articles published on TheManufacturer.com over the past six months:
- Trends and innovations in Industrial IoT
- How could Lean & Six Sigma accelerate Industry 4.0 & IoT?
- UK’s Digital Manufacturing Week to grow by 50% in 2018
- Smart factories to contribute £1.13 trillion to global economy
- Additive manufacturing: The next layer
- The power of Artificial Intelligence in Manufacturing
- The future of automation
- Why digitalisation is key to increasing future productivity
- Data is redefining the water industry and manufacturers should take note
- Unplanned downtime affects 82% of businesses
Digital Transformation is the term given to the transformation of business activities, processes and models to fully leverage the opportunities of new digital technology, according to Onalytica.
Particularly relevant to manufacturing – thanks to the rise of concepts such as Industry 4.0, the Fourth Industrial Revolution and the digitalisation of production, Digital Transformation represents the integration of digital into all areas of a business to improve operations and deliver greater value to customers, employees, suppliers, partners and stakeholders.
This transformation often necessitates a cultural shift and a change in leadership in order to encourage innovation and new business models.
The latest Annual Manufacturing Report, researched by Hennik Group – publishers of The Manufacturer – found that UK manufacturing leaders have largely bought the argument that only those companies that adopt digital technologies can effectively compete on the world stage.
Furthermore, it revealed that 89% of manufacturers believe that ‘Smart Factory’ technologies will enable their staff to work smarter, and a similar amount (87%) were preparing to invest in productivity-enhancing digital technologies over the coming 12 months.
Register for the UK’s biggest digital manufacturing show – 50% bigger for 2018!
Are you looking to learn more about Smart Factories, technology, innovation and high-growth opportunities? Then don’t miss Digital Manufacturing Week, taking place 14-15 November, 2018 at Exhibition Centre Liverpool.
Organised by The Manufacturer, Digital Manufacturing Week includes Smart Factory Expo – Europe’s largest showcase for the Fourth Industrial Revolution, and Manufacturing Leaders Summit – the UK’s largest manufacturing conference.
New features for Smart Factory Expo 2018:
- Six dedicated Visitor Zones, grouping together exhibitors thematically and helping visitors meet with the companies most relevant to them: Digital Transformation, Industrial Automation, Industrial Data, Internet of Things, Manufacturing Innovation, and Smart Factory.
- Partner Districts showcasing some of the world’s largest tech companies’ partner ecosystems, allowing you to see which solutions are the most integrated.
- Grab a seat and a coffee in the Case Study Café and be inspired by a display of UK manufacturing success stories that take you on a digital manufacturing journey.
- Come along and watch The Business Show as The Manufacturer’s Editorial team interview the great and good of UK manufacturing about their successes and failures, quiz exhibitors, and rope in passing show visitors to tell their story.
- Match/Makers is an opt-in web networking platform allowing visitors to set-up meetings with exhibitors and one another on the show floor.
- Attend one of the dozens of Manufacturing Tours on offer to facilities in and around Liverpool, and discover the fabulous infrastructure the region has to offer.
Click here to register your attendance at Smart Factory Expo for free.
- Ten Conference Streams feature UK and international manufacturing success stories: Leadership, Finance, Export Excellence, Innovation, Future Factory, Digital Transformation, Industrial Automation, Big Data, Talent Management, and Supply Chain & Logistics.
- Grab a sandwich, choose a zone and get a guided group-tour of the co-located Smart Factory Expo and finish in a dedicated VIP Lounge with our Networking Lunches.
- Pay it forward by offering five minutes of advice to the next generation of manufacturing talent via our Mentor Minutes.
- Summit delegates receive priority booking for dozens of Manufacturing Tours, organised on 13 and 16 November.
- The Hack and Pitch Competition offers a platform for the UK’s most promising tech start-ups to pitch the next big thing live to our audience of manufacturing leaders. But there can only be one ‘Rising Star’!