The Manufacturer has started its annual search for the 100 most inspirational individuals working in UK manufacturing today.
The Manufacturer is once again scouring the length and breadth of the nation to find 100 of the greatest people working in manufacturing; 100 unique and uplifting stories of struggle, grit, determination and success against all the odds, personal tales of individuals helping to change popular perceptions of careers in UK manufacturing and draw young people into sector.
Now entering its fourth year, The Manufacturer Top 100 project publicly recognises the most dynamic leaders and innovators in manufacturing, helping to dispel the myths surrounding industry.
Judged by a panel of industry experts and figureheads, the project provides the platform to promote the role models necessary to encourage young people into this vibrant, exciting and rewarding sector.
Editor of TheManufacturer.com and interim The Manufacturer Top 100 Editor, Jonny Williamson, commented, “Those named within each years’ report are catalysts for change in the sector. They strive for innovation, embrace the most advanced technologies and pioneer new business models. They are the driving force behind the UK manufacturing renaissance and to understand their journey is to understand why it is truly exciting to be manufacturing in Britain.”
Nominations can be made against one or more of the following categories:
- An Inspiring Leader
- A Bold Investor in New Markets
- A Driver of Culture Change
- An Unsung Hero
- A Young Pioneer
Those named within this year’s report will be revealed at a glamorous evening of celebration on 15 November in Liverpool, where shortlisted cross-sector candidates will arrive from all corners of the country to raise a glass.
The evening event will bring together the crème de la crème of British manufacturing from business leaders and academia, to government and the supporting community, to mark the outstanding achievements of the shortlisted candidates.
Visit the TheManufactuerTop100.com to nominate your manufacturing hero.
The Manufacturer Top 100 2017 judging panel includes:
- Alan Foster, Operations Director, McLaren Automotive
- Bernard Molloy, Global Industrial Logistics Director, Unipart
- Bill Williams, Chief Executive, CEME Ltd
- Carl Perrin, Director, Institute for Advanced Manufacturing (AME)
- Dan Hayward, Senior Account Executive, Salesforce
- George Edwards, Founder, Gas-Sense
- Halil Bedevi, Managing Director, Hennik Recruitment
- James Selka, CEO, MTA
- Jan Ward CBE, CEO, Corrotherm
- Jane Robinson, Director, Cutting Technologies
- John Pearce, CEO, Made in Britain
- Professor John Perkins CBE, formerly Chief Scientific Officer, BIS
- Judith Hackitt CBE, Health and Safety Executive, EEF
- Nigel Fine, Chief Executive, The Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Paul Everitt, CEO, ADS Group
- Philip Greenish CBE, CEO, The Royal Academy of Engineering
- Rachel Eade MBE, Director, RED Ltd
- Professor Steve Evans, Director of Research in Industrial Sustainability, University of Cambridge
- Terry Scuoler, CEO, EEF
- Dr Zoë Webster, Head of Resource Portfolio, Innovate UK
The Manufacturer Live
The Manufacturer Top 100 is part of The Manufacturer Live 2017, the year’s largest festival of UK manufacturing. The series of events comprises: The Manufacturer Top 100, The Manufacturer Leaders Conference, The Manufacturer Smart Factory Expo and The Manufacturer MX Awards.