Thirty-nine Wisconsin manufacturers have been nominated for the 2014 Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year Awards with the winners to be revealed at a ceremony on February 26, 2015, at The Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee.
Celebrating its 27th year, the Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year Award program recognizes a diverse array of manufacturers of all sizes and sectors of the economy for their paramount economic contributions to the great state of Wisconsin. A total of five Grand Award winners will be chosen: four in categories based on company size, and one for being an exceptional example to all in inventing and implementing innovative workforce development best practices.
Spectrum Industries, Inc. is one of 39 state companies that have been nominated for the 2014 Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year Award. It is Spectrum’s third nomination in recent years.
“It is an honor for Spectrum Industries to be recognized as a Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year nominee,” Scott Dorn, Spectrum’s executive vice president of sales and marketing told the Chippewa Valley Business Report. He noted the enormous growth they have experienced the past two years.
“Meeting this level of customer demand wasn’t easy. It has required our team members to work together more than ever and the entire team deserves credit for Spectrum’s performance,” he said. “Without their contributions there is no way we could experience the growth we have and still continue to meet our customers’ expectations.”
- Alliance Laundry Systems LLC — Ripon;
- Ameriquip Corporation — Kiel;
- Apache Stainless Equipment Corporation — Beaver Dam;
- Didion Milling Inc. — Johnson Creek;
- E.K. Machine Co. Inc. — Fall River;
- Ellsworth Cooperative Creamery — Ellsworth;
- EmbedTek LLC — Hartland;
- Empire Screen Printing Inc. — Onalaska;
- EVCO Plastics — DeForest;
- Fox River Fiber Company LLC — De Pere;
- Gamber-Johnson LLC — Stevens Point;
- General Plastics Inc. — Milwaukee;
- Global Finishing Solutions LLC — Osseo;
- Grede Holdings LLC — Southfield;
- Green Bay Packaging Inc. — Green Bay;
- Hatco Corporation — Milwaukee;
- HUSCO International Inc. — Waukesha;
- Kolbe & Kolbe Millwork Co., Inc. — Wausau;
- MEGTEC Systems Inc. — De Pere;
- MGS Mfg. Group Inc. — Germantown;
- N.E.W. Plastics Corp — Luxemburg;
- Nicolet Plastics Inc. — Mountain;
- Orion Labels LLC — Seymour;
- Plank Enterprises Inc. — Eau Claire;
- Plexus Corp. — Neenah;
- Seats Incorporated — Reedsburg;
- Services Plus Inc. — Green Bay;
- Signicast LLC — Hartford;
- Spectrum Industries Inc. — Chippewa Falls;
- Super Steel LLC — Milwaukee;
- Tenere Inc. — Dresser;
- TLX Technologies LLC — Pewaukee;
- Trostel Ltd. — Lake Geneva;
- Universal Acoustic & Emission Technologies — Stoughton;
- Vargo Tool & Die Inc. — Marinette
- Visual Impressions, Inc. — Milwaukee;
- Waukesha Metal Products, LLC — Sussex;
- Winsert, Inc. — Marinette;
- Wisconsin Metal Parts, Inc — Waukesha;
The accounting and advisory firm of Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP, the law firm of Michael Best & Friedrich LLP and the business association Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce sponsor the annual awards program. Additional information and can be found at www.wimoty.com or by calling 800-362-7301.
Last year’s Grand winner of the Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year Award in the Mega category (over 751 employees) was Mercury Marine in Fond du Lac.