The UK’s most inspiring and influential individuals working in manufacturing have been announced in The Manufacturer Top 100 2017 report.
This evening (15 November), members of The Manufacturer Top 100 2017 and the wider manufacturing community joined industry leaders at an exclusive event at Exhibition Centre Liverpool to celebrate the launch of this year’s report.
The project, sponsored by Salesforce for the second consecutive year, aims to dispel the myths surrounding manufacturing and create a platform to champion and publicly identify dynamic leaders and innovators in the sector.
This year’s The Manufacturer Top 100 comprises incredible candidates hailing from all over the country, from a range of sectors and occupy varying roles in manufacturing.
Names that made the list as exemplary figures include:
- Elizabeth Bartlett, Fatigue & Damage Tolerance Engineer, Airbus Commercial Aircraft
- Oliver Buhlinger, Group Technology Engineer, Hayward Tyler Group
- Kodi Gledhill, Level 3 Engineering Apprentice, Coca-Cola European Partners
- Dr Graham Malcolm OBE, CEO & Co-Founder, M Squared Lasers
- Professor Keith Ridgway, Executive Dean, University of Sheffield Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre.
Individuals were nominated by readers of The Manufacturer, the wider industrial community and the public for their contributions in changing the image of industry; finding new markets; demonstrating bold leadership; alongide those young, bright pioneers that are making an impact disproportionate to their years.
The final list was decided by an expert panel of judges, representing UK manufacturing, academia and the wider industrial community. You can see the full list here.
Nick Hussey, CEO, Hennik Group – publishers of The Manufacturer, said: “Projects like The Manufacturer Top 100 play an absolutely vital role, serving to demonstrate the reality of what the highly diverse, well-paid careers available in industry actually look like.
“I am delighted and honoured to have come to know personally many of those named as one of The Manufacturer Top 100 to date. Their stories are ones of inspiration, determination, passion and achievement.”
To download your copy of The Manufacturer Top 100 2017 report, please fill in your details below:[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
The Manufacturer Top 100 is part of The Manufacturer Live series of events, which comprises The Manufacturer Top 100, The Manufacturer Leaders Conference, The Manufacturer Smart Factory Expo and The Manufacturer Manufacturing Excellence (MX) Awards. Find out more at www.themanufacturerlive.com
The Manufacturer’s annual servitization survey, supported by Salesforce, has revealed a major shift in practice among UK industry – with a dramatic uptick in the numbers of respondents reporting that they have servitized their operations, or are in the process of implementation.
This year’s report reveals the drivers of this accelerating trend – and answers a number of questions, including:
- Where do UK manufacturers expect to invest to meet future customer demand?
- What are the drivers of servitization for British manufacturers – and how do they vary among companies?
- What are the characteristics of a ‘First Mover’ vs ‘Fast Follower’?
- What are the most important sales channels for UK manufacturers?
- When do UK firms expect servitization to benefit their company?
You can download the report for free today by clicking here.