The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Through-life Engineering Services (EPSRC-TES Centre) supports high-value manufacturing companies through technologies and processes for improved design and manufacturing for engineering services — particularly in the aerospace, defence, railways, electronics, energy, high-end automotive, marine and healthcare technology sectors.
The EPSRC Centre is hosted by Cranfield and Durham Universities. The core partners are Rolls-Royce, BAE Systems, Bombardier Transportation and MoD. There are sixteen other industry partners in the centre. The EPSRC-TES Centre is now working very closely with the Operations Excellence Institute at Cranfield.
The Centre aim is to provide world-class capability in the UK to enable industry to deliver high-value products having outstanding availability, predictability and reliability with the optimum whole life cost. Our vision is to provide thought leadership in through-life engineering services and be the first choice for UK manufacturing companies for technological solutions, research and development capability, knowledge, skill and advice.
Two common activities within the TES community are Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) and Service Intelligence (data analytics).
The key areas for TES research are:
- Degradation Studies: Components and Systems
- Diagnostics and Prognostics
- Design and Manufacture for Maintenance
- Virtual Service Engineering
- Autonomous Maintenance
- Obsolescence Management
- Service Cost Modelling
- Maintenance Training and Visualisation: Augmented Reality
- Remote Maintenance and Cyber Security
Ways to access the expertise of the EPSRC-TES Centre:
- Partner in research and technology transfer: The Centre is now working with companies as partners for EPSRC, TSB, EU and KTP funded projects.
- TES Doctoral Training Programme: The doctoral training programme is providing a cohort based approach to develop research and technology transfer skill among researchers. You could sponsor a PhD to work for your scientific challenges.
- Commercial services: The EPSRC-TES Centre also provide commercial services for degradation assessment using NDT, No-fault-found problem root-cause analysis, maintenance training using augmented reality.
- Education and training: We are running Executive Masters Programme in Through-life System Sustainment (part time MSc in 2/3 years for industry). We are offering a number of blended learning training through our Operations Excellence Institute, e.g. obsolescence management.
The EPSRC-TES Centre is a confirmed sponsor of The Manufacturer of the Year Awards 2014. For information on becoming a sponsor visit: www.themanufacturer.com/eventsites/awards2014/Sponsor-Opportunities/
The Manufacturer of The Year Award is part of The Manufacturer Week of Excellence which includes insightful and inspiring conferences such as The Manufacturer Directors’ Conference (TMDC), ERP Connect and a Factory Tour. Book your place today and save on multiple bookings.